Sunday, April 16, 2017

A Sweet Whisper

For those that weren't close to the details, it felt like God had orchestrated some pretty powerful emotions and events for Christian's life to come to fruition.

Among many things, he had softened my husband and planted the seed of desire within him. A couple of months before we were pregnant, Nate went grocery shopping. As I was unpacking the groceries, I stumbled upon a package of baby food. I shot him a super confused look and he just stood there with a ridiculously huge grin on his face. The way he sweetly and subtly shared his desire with me is one of my favorite memories of this pregnancy.

In the midst of my pain and grief, I spent some time reflecting on what I had initially thought about Christian's life. Everything that came together felt so right, which makes it hard to understand how it could have gone so horribly wrong.

*Meant to be
*God's perfect plan
*A Miracle
*A gift from God
*An Answered prayer

Just as I finished writing these words on a piece of paper, I heard that "still small voice" speaking ever so clearly, "And all of these things are STILL true."

A blanket of peace fell upon me as I re-read what I had just written and I could see clearly that my initial thoughts about his life hadn't changed. His life just looked different than what I had expected, anticipated, and hoped for. He still lives, he just beat us to Heaven. 

That sweet whisper came at the perfect moment and brought a much needed dose of healing with it.



No comments: