Sunday, May 17, 2009

DC Re-cap

I figured I'd better write something about my trip to Washington DC before I totally forgot everything. The trip went well and was a good time. The plane ride there was a little bumpy...one of the wings on our plane got struck by lightening but luckily it only resulted in some added turbulence. I was so relieved when we landed safely...but it took a while for my nerves to settle. We arrived Tuesday evening and were welcomed by some folks from the MN/Dakota ESOP Chapter. The awards banquet was quite extravagant and we realized that the award we received was quite a bigger deal than we all had thought. Michele and I headed out on the town afterwards and had a lot of fun.

We spent the entire day at the conference on Wednesday but got to go on a night tour of the monuments that evening. Despite the fact that it rained the entire time, we were able to see some really awesome pieces of our Nation's history...way cool.

We attended some more conference sessions on Thursday morning and then headed down about 8 blocks to see the White House after dinner. Of course, it rained on us again so we took a cab and visited some shops at Union Station. after that. Then, we were off to the airport for some dinner and relaxation before our flight. Our plane was delayed over an hour. I have decided that I don't have the patience to travel frequently and I also have a whole new respect for our Field Service Technicians that are on the road 80% of the time.

We arrived back in MN around 9pm and I think I hit the sheets around midnight. It was late, but it felt good to be home. The next morning, I had a little man march into our room and with the biggest smile on his face, he said, "You're home mommy?" He had a long week too. I think that's why he slept in until 9:20am the next morning!!! He didn't let me out of his sight for the rest of the weekend.


The awards ceremony-Jamie, Michele, and I with Michael Keeling, President of the National ESOP Association

World War II Monument

Vietnam Veterans Memorial

The State Capitol (thru the bus window in the rain)

The Lincoln Memorial Statue

The Washington Monument

The White House

China Town

Inside Fado's Bar...we visited it 3 times during our visit :-)

No comments: