Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Is this for real???

It started on Thursday, August 6th...Rear-ended by a 19 year old Tech student trying to read a business sign while I was innocently stopped at a red light. Thanks buddy, just what I needed!

Sunday: I started running a fever, along with aches, chills, and shooting stomach pains. I laid in bed most of the day...not fun!

Monday: I was feeling slightly better but knew that I had better get to work because Kim and I had a HUGE project in front of us. 116 shared-work applications to process by end of day on Thursday (at least 20 minutes to process each one once we had all the information we needed)...my head started to hurt really bad! We spent the majority of the day making a game plan for how we were going to get it done.

Tuesday: Only 14 applications completed by end of day. Starting to stress and the impact from my accident is starting to settle into my neck and upper back. Gavin started running a fever that evening and didn't sleep very well. I dosed on and off again dreaming about the applications waiting for me at work.

Wednesday: Gavin's temp is too high to go to daycare and Nate has early meeting at work he HAS to be there for...I stay home until Nate gets back and rush off to work at 9:30. Gavin seems to be doing well when I leave but Daddy called 2 hours later saying that we needed to bring him to the doctor because his temp spiked and he had been crying for almost an hour. The cake was topped when I stuck my cell phone in my pocket while I ran to the bathroom at work. I was waiting to hear what the doctor had to say and I knew Nate would call the minute I stepped away. My phone went swimming... Yes, in the toilet. I had to fish it out---disgusting! Gavin had strep...what a lovely day! By the way, 23 applications processed and I even got to work late!!!

P.S. A critter got in our house (when Nate left the door to the garage open while getting something out of his truck even though he doesn't admit it) on Wednesday evening. I am freaked out but Nate says, "it's just a little mouse, it won't hurt anything!" and set a couple of traps.

Thursday: The luck started changing for the better a little on Thursday. Nana saved the day! She knew I had the big project at work and offered to take the day off to stay home with Gavin since he couldn't go to day-care until he had been on antibiotics for 24 hours. 21 applications left to go...finished at 2pm! 100 lbs lifted off of my shoulders. Cell phone still not working-will have to pay $250-300 for a replacement. I refused and left the store in a rage.

Critter update: Cheese is gone from traps but no catch. I walk into the family room and notice that my Bali custom blinds are sagging on one end...strings chewed up and little droppings left as evidence. I am outraged! Then, I go to shut our bedroom window before I crawl into bed and notice small pieces of screen laying in the windowsill. 2 large holes! I can hardly contain my anger. Good thing that little mouse didn't hurt anything...do you sense any sarcasm?

Friday: Gavin is back at day-care feeling somewhat better. The last couple of nights were torture so he was super overtired, as were Nate and I! All the applications are complete and work is actually somewhat enjoyable. I tried to turn on my cell phone around 1pm to see if it would function long enough to get the numbers in my phone list. Nate convinced me to give into my stubbornness and just go buy a new one, which is where I was heading after work. Much to my surprise (and relief), the phone was fully functioning...and of course sanitized at least 50 times! I leave work early for some retail therapy and get a call from work...what do they want now??? I won tickets to the Twins game on Sunday! Thank goodness the string of bad luck was over...my nerves were shot!

1 comment:

kala hjelle said...

I was stressed out just reading that :)