Thursday, March 19, 2009

Up Close & Personal

I was tagged in Facebook to share 25 random things about myself so I thought I would share it with our blog readers. 25 random things about me? The list did take me a while to put together and I'm not sure how random these items are...

1. I was a complete neat freak about everything...then I become a mom. I got better and eased up quite a bit. Now I have lots of organized messes and a little bit of dust here and there.

2. I talk to my mom 1-2 times per day...I tell her pretty much everything. What would I do without her?

3. As much as we want a newer home and as much as we need a larger home, I am way too attached to our house that we've lived in for almost 6 years. We bought it when we were engaged and have put a lot of time, energy, and cash-ola into it...not to mention all of the memories!

4. I can sneeze like Donald Duck. This was my entry in the middle school talent contest...a bit sad?

5. When I am shopping for things like laundry detergent and cleaning supplies, I usually buy 2 of everything so that I don't have to buy it again for a while and because I can't stand to run out of stuff like that!

6. I love nicknames! To me nicknames mean that you care about someone enough to call them something special...Gavin has at least 15...G-man, Super G, The Gav, Gavster, G Dudey, Gavey Do, Lil' Nate, Lubby Dubby, Lil' Grasshopper, Little Man, Mama's Baby Bear Cub, etc.

7. I tell myself that I save a lot of money by pre-season shopping for Gavin and hitting the end-of-season clearance racks...but deep down I know the kid has more clothes than he would ever need!

8. I have a lazy eye that I totally hate, but I am too scared to have surgery.

9. Colic is a swear word at our house...we struggled with Gavin for the first 7 months of his life...but wouldn't trade him for the world!

10. My husband has owned twice as many vehicles as me. I'm on my 3rd, he's on his 6th!

11. I love to take pictures of Gavin. To date, he has 12 full-sized photo albums filled.

12. Unnecessary fees cause me to loose sleep! For example, I have never paid a fee to use an ATM and I cringe when my husband does it!

13. I love big, chunky, wild jewelry... it dresses up any outfit! My friend Katie has also introduced me to another new favorite, scarves!

14. We are ready to have another baby...we're praying for no colic but will take it if that's all we can get :-)

15. I married my dad's clone...my mom and I swear they are the same person most days!

16. I love to-do lists, it makes me feel productive when I get to put a line through the items that I've completed.

17. I hate having my feet touched and a pedicure is the closest thing to torture that I've ever experienced!

18. My dream job is to host my own talk show!

19. I have a small, but awesome family; youngest of 2 daughters and Nate is oldest of two sons.

20. I have 3 beautiful nieces; Ellie, Lily, and Eva

21. I married my middle-school sweetheart. We started dating the summer before he got his driver's license and have been married for 5 years---hello, where did the time go?

22. Gavin was due on the 4th of September. After 2 days of being induced, high BP, and no results, they took him via c-section on the 14th. I never thought he would come out!

23. The only sport I was ever good at in high school was socializing!

24. I am thinking I am around 85% bohemian...my dad is a full-blooded bohunk.

25. The hardest thing I have ever been through is when my 4 month old niece had open heart surgery. I just finished college, bought a house, moved in with my fiance, and started a new job as well. Can you say STRESS?

No comments: