Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Good Idea

We found ourselves sitting on our next-door neighbor's deck on Friday evening which is pretty typical during the summer. Gavin loves Bob and Monica and gets treated like a grandchild over there....candy, juice, freeze-pops, rides on the Mule, the whole works! Bob and Monica have two kitties, which G-man adores. He loves to pet them and give them treats. On Friday, Doodle even sat on his little lap for a little while. He was in heaven, until he noticed all the hair he left behind. We brushed it off and continued about our business.

After a bit, he whispered that he was going home to get something. When I asked him what he was getting, he just said, "something." "Inside or outside?" I asked. "Inside" he replied. "Okay, but be quick, I'll watch you." I told him. So he ran across the yard and went inside. It took longer than usual and I started to wonder what he was up to. When he came back, he was excited and had a little a little skip in his run. I did a double take because I couldn't believe what he had....he came back with a lint roller, of all things! How smart is that? What a good idea! I can't believe he knew where it was...tucked in back of the bathroom cupboard next to my make-up.

So, we rolled off all the hair and the whole time I just shook my head in awe of my little 3 year old. I love that I have a little boy who is very particular. I would guess that he gets this trait from me?!?!

No comments: