Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Perfect Profile

I think it finally hit me. I think it finally sunk in. I think I can finally breathe. I am 110 percent head-over-heels in love with someone I've never even met.


I was absolutely overwhelmed with emotion when the technician put the wand on my stomach and this perfect tiny little profile appeared. It was perfect. It was amazing. And, it was our baby. For more than two years, we prayed that we would be blessed with another child. And from the moment we found out that we were finally expecting, we were told that we would have a thirty percent chance of losing him/her (due to the trauma of my accident). Thirty percent. That's a pretty good chance. And although I placed my trust in God, I was still scared. Scared to get too excited. Scared to let it "sink in." And scared that I might lose the tiny little life that was forming inside of me. The details of our little one's anatomy seemed so crisp and clear. And our little peanut was incredibly active! The tears flowed down my cheeks as I watched the screen. And big brother couldn't get close enough, he was taking it all in.

We decided that we wouldn't find out the gender. We loved the suprise too much last time. I've been back and forth my "prediction". This pregnancy seems so much different than the last but it's hard to compare since it's been five years and I didn't have a broken leg for this first half of my pregnancy with Gavin. We'll be blessed either way. We already are.

1 comment:

kala hjelle said...

AHHHHHH!!!!! Baby Hjelle is so beautiful and so perfect. I am so happy and just LOVE the photo :)
Hugs to you all. YAY!