Well 14 weeks later, I feel as though I am finally making some strides. I started bearing weight on my leg about 3 weeks ago. It was scary at first because the doctor told me to ditch the brace and start shifting weight to that leg starting NOW. Was he crazy? This was the same leg that I had protected from any little step or bump for nearly 12 weeks. I felt naked without the brace but it was a relief to be about five pounds lighter on that side. And, walking really helped kick my quad muscles back into gear, although there is still quite a ways to go. And just on Monday, I graduated from crutches to a cane. That means that I am able to pretty much walk on my own but am still using the cane for balancing. I was able to return the wheelchair and walker and can't wait to get rid of all this equipment for good.
It's funny how my mind started swirling with all the to-do items I've been trying to shut out for the last 3 months the minute I became a little more mobile. I've got quite a few projects that I'd really like to finish up before our little bambino arrives. And by the way, we've hit the half way mark already! We have our big ultrasound on Friday and are super excited to see our little honey again! It's funny how SLOW the healing process has been but how FAST this pregnancy has gone. It sure will be nice to be able to walk for part of my pregnancy at least!
No comments:
Post a Comment