Monday, January 3, 2011

A Logical Question...but already?!?!

Nate and I dated for nearly eight years before getting engaged. We were plenty use to the question, "So, when are you two going to tie the knot?" It is the logical question to ask two people who have been dating for quite some time. At at our ages, that was quite some time.

Even before we were married, the next question was already setting in, "So, when are you two going to start having children?" We dealt with that question for the next 2 years.

Around the time Gavin was turning one, people wanted to know when we were going to have baby #2. This question wasn't a difficult one early on because we had planned to have children around two years apart...Little did we know, there was a much different plan for our family. When we started having problems, I was unsure of how to answer that question. I didn't know if I should shrug it off and act like we weren't in any hurry for a second or if I should fess up and share our struggles with those who cared enough to ask. I guess I did both. For many people, these questions are a way of making small talk and they're not necessarily wanting the details so I used my best judgement.

I didn't realize we would be asked the next logical question so soon. In the past few weeks I have had several people asking about a potential baby #3. What?!? I haven't even delivered our second! We have been feeling so very blessed to be expecting #2 that I hadn't really even thought that far ahead. Okay, so maybe I have a few times. It's only  natural for a woman to do, right? Well either way, I am very well aware of the fact that we may not get to choose the answer to that question. So if you are wondering what my response is..."If both my husband and the good Lord are willing, there just may be a third addition to our family."

No comments: