Remember when I shared with you about how we were doing a "little remodeling" project? The demolition began last Spring, and up until this week it has sat pretty much idle. I don't deal well with messes and I sure don't deal well when the entire basement of my house is in disarray for the majority of one year. I am feeling pretty anxious about getting this little project complete before I am too uncomfortably pregnant to do it. Not that I have to do the physical work but I'm pretty particular to details so I want (need) to be involved.
So, what was the hang up? Probably the egress window. At first, we thought that Nate could do it with the help of my Dad. The hole was dug, the window was purchased, and then a leg was broken. That's where it stopped. We wanted to add a closet and an egress window to what use to be our "office" in an effort to make a legal third bedroom to our home. We don't plan to move Gavin downstairs at this point but we will use this space for the gazillion toys that are currently overtaking his bedroom...Someway, somehow I am going to make room for a crib in there.
Nate lost many nights of sleep worrying about ensuring it would be a "legal" window. We decided that we would just hire it out. So, for weeks we worked on lining up a carpenter that we knew and trusted. No luck, they were all busy working on much bigger and more important projects. We finally got a commitment from a friend of ours and a few weeks later, it was done. Just like that. I feel so much better. There is still much to do...and I find myself laying in bed thinking about what needs to be done next and envisioning the finished project. Oh how I can't wait to put my family room back together and organize all the toys in their new homes...
Next on our list:
Finish installing a few small pieces of sheet rock
Line up a painter to come over and do the taping and texturing
Prime and paint
Stain trim and closet doors
Pick out carpet and line up someone to install it
Install closet organizer
Hang blinds
Install new light fixture and replace outlet covers
Hang up all the cute pictures and decorations
Move in all the toys!
We only have 13 weeks before the baby will be here so let's get movin! I promise to post pictures of the final product!
1 comment:
OMG 13 weeks makes it sounds so quick!!!! Can't wait til Baby Hjelle debuts!
Post a Comment