I've been a little absent from my blog, and I hate that! I've had so many thoughts and stories to share but not enough time to log in and post...my apologies. The countdown is officially on and if everything goes as planned, I should be cuddling with our brand new miracle in just two weeks from today! There is some excitement about anticipating the arrival of this little one we have been praying for but to be honest, there are a lot of nerves as well. I am having a little anxiety about the following:
• I haven't done the baby thing in over four years....my four year old can use the bathroom, climb in and out of the car seat, and eat ALL BY HIMSELF! We are starting over and it is a bit scary!
• There is something about knowing the time/date you are scheduled to deliver. Although it's wonderful for planning purposes, you have a lot more time to "think" about things. Also, this time I am well aware of the pain and recovery involved with a cesarean birth.
• The delivery itself. I don't think I'll be able to breathe until I hear that first little cry come out. I am praying, praying, praying for a safe delivery and a healthy little newborn!
• Gavin's adjustment into his big brother role. He couldn't be more excited and I know how awesome he will do but I have some underlying guilt about the lack of attention he may be receiving when Nate and I are busy with the new baby. I don't want him to feel left out!
• The exhaustion of it all. I know its coming and my body is already preparing me for the lack of sleep but right now we have a little boy who actually sleeps in on the weekends, along with his parents. And that is sort of nice since he hasn't napped for us (except for rare occasions) on the weekends in two years!
• I am planning on nursing this baby but it's going to be a little different with an audience this time around. It's so time consuming in the beginning and I know Gavin is going to be asking lots and lots of questions since he's old enough to know what is going on. I actually bought this book to try and explain things to him but I've been putting it off!
Despite all of these things, I am really excited! I have been so busy preparing things at work and at home that I almost forgot to get excited until yesterday when I was surprised with the sweetest baby celebration. I'm part of a Care Team at work and we headed to Caribou for an off-site meeting, which is not that unusual. When we arrived, there was a table with baby decor and a pile of presents for the new baby and the big brother! I am so blessed to have the love, care, and prayer of this small group at work. They have offered so much support to me over the last three years, it's just crazy. They actually refer to this baby as the "corporate baby" because they have all been praying for a pregnancy for us for so long!
According to the poll, it looks like the consensus of voters may be convinced it's a baby girl. We'll be finding out soon enough. Stay tuned!
1 comment:
YAYYY!! I just am SO SO SO EXCITED for you and your family!! I can't wait to see what Baby Hjelle's true identity is! I know he/she will be perfect. So excited for you honey!! I will be waiting for the news! :) Love you!
Post a Comment