Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Resurrection Day!

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

What a lovely day to celebrate the Risen One! I always knew that Easter was more than bunnies, chicks and chocolate eggs, but the reality of what we really celebrate hit me extra hard this year.

On Tuesday, my mom and I brought Gavin to the Passion Drama, an outdoor play that displays scenes from the birth, life, death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. It was amazing and emotional! All of the scences were Bibically correct and several were graphically depicted. We actually saw Jesus being whipped, nailed to a cross, and executed by crucifixion. The pain and suffering that was endured is absolutely unthinkable! And it was all for US!

Lots of conversations were had with my little man afterwards. He handled it well and told me his favorite part was when Jesus was lifted into the sky! Yes, that was my favorite part too! Because that means that Jesus lives and we can celebrate His victory over death. His resurrection symbolizes the eternal life that is given to all those who believe in him! He paid the price for our sins and offers a FREE gift to those who ASK for it!

This morning, we joined my cousin at her church on the beautiful Northwestern College Campus. It was thee best Easter service I've attended! We could feel the energy when we drove in and were greeted by the very interactive traffic directors! The worship music was incredible and the message from God's Word was so inspiring!

Today also marks the 14th anniversary of my Grandpa's death. In some ways it feels SO long and in other ways, I can still feel the crispness of his hair gel, hear his deep and strong voice, and feel those big bear hugs. Gosh I miss him.

So today I'm feeling grateful for the GRACE I've been given - undeserved and unearned. For the pain and suffering that was endered for ME. And for the promise of eternal life...




No comments: