Hi Friends,
I wanted to share a couple of praise reports as our family has seen God's hand at work this summer....
Many of you have been praying for my sweet niece Ellie (Angie's daughter, age 9 1/2) for many years (thank you!) Ellie had her annual appointment with her cardiologist yesterday and it went SO well. I am so THANKFUL that it has been over 9 years (May 16, 2003) since her very first open heart surgery - she was only four months old. Doctors predicted that she would have her second operation by age 6 or 7, and then again as needed until she stopped growing, so the more time between operations, the better! Well, God had other plans...despite her significant growth (5 inches taller!) there is NO change in the function of her valve/heart from one year ago. Not only that, but there was actually a small improvement! The doctor was blown away - he threw his hands up in the air and said something like, "I can't explain this, I've never seen this before!" I am overwhelmed with gratefulness!! It's amazing how this annual appointment used to cause me such anxiety - and now, I have peace knowing that God is taking good care of her and that I'm entrusting her little heart in HIS hands - such an incredible feeling! Thank you for standing by me and my family in prayer for miss Ellie!
Remember my fragile 90 year old Grandpa that endured a broken hip in June? We were told that it wouldn't heal on it's own and his low kidney function didn't allow for an operation. Well, he just turned 91 and his bones are fusing back together ON THEIR OWN! We had the privilege of celebrating his birthday with him in the nursing home a few weeks ago...he was sitting in a wheelchair eating some Birthday cake with most of the family around him - a sweet answer to prayer!
Thanks for praying!
Blessings on you,
Jessie
No comments:
Post a Comment