Sunday, August 12, 2012

Home Sweet Somewhere, Anywhere!

Ever since others found out that we sold our home, it seems as if there has been an open invitation to share horror stories about their experiences - much like what happens to a woman whose expecting her first child. People just love to share! Well, now we have our own story. It's been quite a week.

After searching for our next home sweet home, we decided that we really loved the first property we looked at and it was the one for us. The price wasn't ideal but It was a perfect fit - a newer home on 3.5 acres just outside of town and an extra garage for Nate to store all of his toys. So we went back to the seller with a higher offer and then we waited and waited and waited...

While we were waiting to hear back from the seller, we learned that the appraisal on our home came back lower than our selling price...so we had to renegotiate the sale. We took another hit on the price but were fortunate that the buyers didn't jump ship. The only catch - they wanted to move the closing date up to the end of August...now we're in a bit of a pinch!

After that fiasco was over, we were still waiting to hear back on the house we were trying to buy and hope was fading fast. Nearly one week later, we finally learned that the seller decided not to sell the property and that he was taking it off of the market. So not the response we were expecting. Surprisingly I handled the news well. I have been praying like crazy about this and I knew that if we exhausted this option, God truly said no. His will, not mine...

Our prayers and focus quickly changed from a new home to finding a place to rent and hang out for a while until something else comes along. The last thing I want to do is buy something just to buy something. So we have less than three weeks before we have to be out of our house and we still don't know where we're going. I'm beyond stressed at the moment and we've got a house full of crabby people!

I know one day I'll look back at this and laugh but this truly feels like too much right now. I told Nate he's lucky that I haven't had a nervous breakdown. Between searching for a rental property, searching for our next new home, packing and trying to figure out where we are going to store all of our "stuff" (and our puppies), daycare transitions, and preparing for Gavin's big Kindergarten debut, I think I'm at the end of my rope.

I hope to have a positive update to post soon!

No comments: