Sunday, July 22, 2012

Another Chapter Begins!

I think I mentioned that we listed our house in May in a previous post. I'm pleased to report that we have a signed purchase agreement in place as of Friday morning. We got a pretty decent offer and jumped all over the opportunity to move onto the next chapter of our lives. Now the scary part - we don't have a plan! If you know me, you realize that this is extremely crazy for me. I always have a plan (well I use to but two kids, a pretty demanding job, and lots of lesson about patience and trusting God's plans have changed that a bit).

Anyway, Nate and I have scoured the local listings to find a property that will meet (or come close to meeting) both of our requirements and expectations within our budget. Of course we fell in love with a property that was a bit beyond our budget...heck, I already celebrated holidays there in my mind. However, the seller isn't willing to budge on his price and we're not ready to be house broke so I'm mending my broken heart and continue the hunt. I have to admit it's been a bit discouraging, and there have even been a few arguments, but Nate and I are committed to finding a place that we'll both be happy with 10 years down the road (there was even a handshake involved!). So, if that means we suck it up and find a place to rent (ugh, the dreaded double move) until the right property comes along, that's what we'll do!

We've got a little less than 60 days to pack up and hit the road. I promise to check in between boxes!

No comments: