Saturday, July 21, 2012

Faith in a Cactus? Sure, why not!?

I love the faith that my sweet Gavin has. He truly loves his Savior and accepted Him into his life at the young age of four. By far the most important and lifechanging accomplishment to date (or ever for that matter) - such a proud mommy!
 
On the way home from baseball the other night, he asked why people have dirt in their hearts (why they are mean) and we ended up talking about how Jesus came to the earth a long time ago and that we've never seen him face to face (yet!). I explained that when you believe in and place your trust in something that you've never seen with your own eyes, it's called faith. He thought that was pretty cool and proceeded to inform me that he also has faith in cactus's (cacti) because he's never seen one other than in books. I had to laugh. Having faith in cacti can't harm anything, can it? Only Gavin!



Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.
Proverbs 22:6

No comments: