Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Ellie!

6 short years ago, little Ellie entered the world as Douglas County's New Year's baby! Happy Birthday sweetheart! I remember receiving a phone call from my dad around 4:30am that morning announcing Ellie's arrival. About an hour and a half later he called back with the news that Ellie was having a hard time breathing and was going to be transported by helicopter to the Children's Hospital in Minneapolis. I'm pretty sure Nate and I drove 90mph from Cass Lake to Alexandria but ended up missing the helicopter by 10 minutes. We stayed with Angie that day and got to meet little Ellie the next day and found out she was born with a very special little heart. We are so blessed to have you in our lives Ellie. We are so thankful for your health. We love you!

Love at first sight...this is the first picture I snapped of her!

6 years later...

She's 6 (going on 16?)

A little help from her cousin
Miss Hannah Montana herself!

No comments: