Thursday, April 15, 2010

5 Year Plan Gone South

Nate and I purchased and moved into our home seven years ago today...how time flies! Our five year plan is rapidly turning into ten! We don't hate our house, but it's not our dream home by any means. $19,500 is a lot of cash to most people. Well, to us, it's the difference in recommended list price for our home from two years ago (and the cost of a round of IVF). The market is ovbiously down, but that's just crazy. You will probably reap your losses if you purchase a home in this market, but if you are building, you are out of luck! Since, we didn't have a definite plan, we will stay put for now. Some may call us indecisive, but I prefer smart!

In the meantime, "Extreme Home Makeover Hjelle Edition" has begun. We are converting our office into a bedroom/toy room which involves closing off the closet in the familyroom and opening it from the other side, along with installing an egress window. What a mess! I am not a fan of sheetrock and concrete dust! Along with that comes some fun stuff like new paint colors and new carpet-yay! The demolition started last Friday evening and I've got a feeling it won't be wrapped up for a good month from now (or more). I also decided that if I'm going to stay here, I want to like my house again. I will be re-decorating our bedroom this weekend and am very excited! I think I needed something to look forward to besides dust!

Project starting...family room now converted into storage room/dust pit!

No comments: