Monday, May 3, 2010

Dinner for Two

Life seems to be a constant rush but the world stops when I get to enjoy dinner with little G-man, even if it's at Jimmy John's...

After work, I sped over for a quick adjustment with the Chiropractor. Then, off to pick up my little man. I broke the news when we got in the car...we had to go to Wal-mart for groceries. I think he whined the whole way there. Mommy was whining a little bit too. We quickly loaded the essentials into the cart as fast as we could. He was so well-behaved that Mommy awarded him with a quick airplane ride and a gumball. It was the best $.075 I have ever spent.

Daddy was just leaving work so I decided to push the limits and take him to get his haircut, after all it had been 4 weeks and he was looking a little shaggy. A little more whining. Then, we ventured into Great Clips and he sat like an angel while the crabby lady cut his hair. Mommy was really happy.

Since it was getting late, we went next door to Jimmy John's to grab some subs. I always have the best time when I get to enjoy dinner with my little man. He is also happy to have my full attention. We seem to have the best little conversations and he is always cracking me up.

About a year ago, G-man joked and said he works at Jimmy John's so we have always pretended that he really does-quite a character. At dinner, I asked him if he had to work tonight. He replied, "nope, but tomorrow I do!" Then I asked if it was his job to make the subs or if he had to drive around in his car and deliver them. He responds, "Drive around and deliver them." "What do you drive, Daddy's green car?" I asked. "Nope, I drive a Lamborghini."

Shortly after that conversation, the bread buzzer was going off. G-man's response was, "uh oh, it's somebody's turn to use the potty!" Yup, we used a timer when he was potty training and he hasn't forgotten that yet...

And that's exactly why I enjoy our dinner for two.

1 comment:

suchy said...

Hillarious-a lamborghini-nothing surprises me from the little guy! I also love the potty timer...too cute!