Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A VBS Expeirience

Gavin spent all of last week's evenings attending Vacation Bible School for the very first time. Last year, he was sad that all of his friends at "Grandma" Kathy's were going, but he wasn't old enough. Too bad it didn't make the drop offs easier, but once he was there he had a blast. He was in good hands with "Grandma" Kathy as his teacher and it sounds like he didn't leave her side. "Grandma" Kathy is my sister's mother-in-law. Kathy is also our back-up daycare and is very special to G-man.

When we picked up our little camper, he was anxious to tell us about the story they listened to that evening as well as sing us the new songs he was learning. I don't know if anything has made this mom's heart melt more than hearing him belt out songs about how awesome Jesus is! Friday was the last night of VBS and also happened to be the easiest drop off for the week (go figure). It was refreshing to see him full of smiles as I walked out the classroom door. Prior to that day, I was leaving a child with a bright red face and big alligator tears who was screaming at the top of his little lungs.

When we picked him up on Friday, they had a short program for the parents. Honestly, I was a little nervous that he wouldn't participate, especially when his eyes found mom and dad. Well, I was wrong. He participated and he did so well! He didn't sing much, or at all, but he stood up in front of the group of kids and smiled from ear to ear, occasionally waving back at the over-proud parents in the audience who were trying to get his attention. My eyes welled up with tears as I watched my baby boy in his very first performance. As any good mother would do, I snapped picture after picture...here are just a few.

A chipmunk for the week!
Busy in the classroom

Getting some assistance from his favorite teacher!



Can you spot him?


Front & Center

No comments: