Monday, September 5, 2011

Spinning Tires to Burning Rubber

It is absolutely AMAZING to me that I can see the hand of our Living God working through my tiny little family of four. Even when things weren't happening and we felt like our tires were spinning, and we could only wait on Him, things were still happening. He was working on preparing us for doors that were opening and plans for us that were even bigger than we could have ever imagined. He is so worthy of our praise!

One year ago, I was crawling out of my skin in emotional and physical pain as I sat on the couch tirelessly trying to heal a broken leg and praying that God would allow me to continue to grow a wee little baby inside of me. I didn't understand why this had to happen. Well it turns out that it was way more than just a broken leg, it was the start of a major transformation that was being made to our family...

In just one year's time....
  • An awesome new career opportunity for Nate which he loves and is sooooo good at!
  • Our marriage has been transformed into more of a partnership with way more openness, understanding, support, and willingness to help each other out.
  • An incredible spiritual journey for my husband which has brought us even closer together.
  • Our family of three transformed into four when our sweet Breck Lennon was born healthy and absolutely perfect in April. It was the perfect addition at the most perfect timing.
  • Nate and I have witnessed the amazing love and bond between our two sons; there is no greater example of sweet adoration than these two brothers (so far anyway!)
  • Doors are being swung open for me in my professional career...all at the right time and even bigger than I would have even imagined (I'll expand on that later...)
I couldn't even begin to count the prayers that have been answered this year...especially ones that have been on my list for a long time! We are feeling very blessed and very very busy...definitely burning rubber!


No comments: