Sunday, September 18, 2011

What a Week!?!

Last week was C-R-A-Z-Y!

  • We sent Gavin off to his second year of pre-school which means a brand new morning routine three days a week and dropping two kiddos off at different locations (boo).
  • We celebrated and celebrated and celebrated Gavin's fifth Birthday. I can hardly believe he is FIVE already! I am so proud of the little man he has grown into. He celebrated with friends at school and when I picked him up after school we went out for a special Birthday lunch, just the two of us. Then he went back to daycare to celebrate with friends and later than evening, our little family of four enjoyed a nice dinner out at Tennessee Roadhouse where they sang and treated him to a special dessert. We had a great time.
  • I also managed to shop, order a special cake and balloons, and make other arrangements for his big party on Saturday. I tried to squeeze some cleaning in as well to lighten the load the day of the party (mega boo).
  • On top of all of this, I put in at least 50 hours at work last week. We didn't pull in the driveway until 6pm each night...it felt like a huge rush to make supper and eat, get the kiddos bathed, and tucked in bed. To top it off, it's getting darker so much earlier...we all know what that means. My brain was absolutley mush by the time I pulled out of the parking lot on Friday.
  • We celebrated Gav's Birthday all over again on Saturday with family and friends. It was a good time and confirmed that a bigger house is in order...we were nice and cozy.
Needless to say we had a house full of FOUR very tired and crabby people today. Three out of four enjoyed a long nap this afternoon...I sure wish it would've been four for four :-(

Anyway looking forward to a less chaotic week...I can only hope!

The Birthday Boy


Pretty excited about his new DS :-)

No comments: