Monday, September 19, 2011

A Sunday School Teacher...

I was reading through some documents from work the other night and when Gavin asked what I was doing, I told him I was doing homework. "Homework? Really? Are you going to be a teacher?!" He was so excited...until I broke the news. I don't have the type of job that a child would be interested in...I'm not a teacher, a doctor, or a police officer. I don't sell cool attachments for skid loaders like Daddy. Instead, I am responsible for benefits administration, recruiting, writing job descriptions and policies and a bunch of other "HR stuff" that isn't all that interesting to a five year old.

So you can about imagine the excitement that he had when I told him that I was going to be his Sunday School teacher...He was ecstatic! He gave me a huge hug and asked if he could hold my hand when we walked down the hallway. His reaction was enough to confirm that I made the right decision. Originally I had volunteered to be a helper or a substitute but they didn't have enough teachers so I was "roped into it." Anyway, I can't wait to start classes next weekend and I hope that I can have an eternal impact on the lives of these young pre-schoolers!

No comments: