Tuesday, February 19, 2013

All Moved In...

It's hard to believe it's already been a month since we moved into our new home. I can't say its exactly what we had in mind. Life in the rental house felt hectic, rushed, and unorganized. We totally thought that settling into a new house would ease some of those feelings but unfortunately, it's been much of the same...and a major step backwards in the sleep department :-(

The weekend before we closed on the new house, I took off for Orlando, Florida to attend a trade show for work. Breck also started a new daycare that week...why not get all the changes done in a one-week period!?! When I returned from Florida, we quickly finished packing, closed on the house, and moved with the help of our family. At the onset of moving, Breck was struck with the stomach flu. It was THE absolute worst timing. One by one, it took down each member of our family so we spent our very first week in our new house washing bedding, eating Saltines, and drinking Sprite. What a lovely way to break in our new home!

The next week was chaotic as we were recovering and attempting to get organized. Shortly thereafter, I was headed out of town again. This time to San Francisco, California in attempt to recruit an Optics Engineer. Nate does well at managing the fort and tending to the boys when I'm away, but there's something about mommy being gone that doesn't sit well with them. Gavin greeted me with hugs and homemade cards and Breck didn't leave my ankles for a week.

Breck and Gavin are adjusting to sharing a room once again until we finish the basement. They shared in our old house but they each had their own in the rental. Nate was optimistic that the transition would go well but he was proved wrong. Good thing Gavin sleeps like a rock!

So although the move wasn't exactly what we had in mind, we ARE loving our new home. It's absolutely perfect for our family and we have lots of plans for it. I am chomping at the bit to get some walls painted and pictures hung. I guess I should tend to all the boxes and totes in the basement first. I'm still not sure how we fit everything into our old house! There's LOTS to be done!

Thanks to all those who prayed for us during our transition. We started this journey nearly a year ago and like every other journey, you really learn a lot of yourself and each other! Here's to a new chapter!

Back of house

Back yard view

No comments: