Monday, February 18, 2013

Welcome Wesley Charles

"Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility."
-Kate Douglas Wiggin

 I couldn't be more pleased to announce the arrival of my newest (and second) nephew, Wesley Charles. He was born to my sister and Robbie on Monday, February 4th while I was in route from Minneapolis to San Francisco. My very emotional sister called me on Sunday afternoon to inform me that she got the call from the doctor and planned on going in that evening. I just knew that little stinker was going to make his debut while I was away. I was not happy about that at all and think I will have to have a little chat with him about that one of these days :-)

I prayed for them like crazy during my flight and I frantically turned my phone on as soon as we landed. Seconds later I realize I have a voicemail from my sister. "Hi Auntie. Give us a call when you get this. We'll be waiting to hear from you." I knew from the sound of her voice that he had arrived. As soon as we deplaned, I was placing a call and learned the news. I demanded lots of pictures be sent immediately and was so happy that my sister was holding a healthy and very beautiful baby boy. A few days later, I was meeting the little sweetheart and falling head over heels for him!

He is very loved by his little mother hens, otherwise known as 3 big sisters. And his cousins are pretty stoked to have another boy in the family. Welcome to the world, Wesley, you are LOVED!

 
"I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart ..."
Jeremiah 1:5

No comments: