As Gavin and I walked into the High School the other weekend...he spotted a big red cardinal painted on the door. His exact words were, "Mommy, there's the wrestling bird!" I just had to laugh, his Daddy has taught him well. Daddy was an awesome athlete and naturally good at every sport he tried (except for rollerblading and ice-skating which I remind about quite often) so he is very proud that his little boy will be an Alex Cardinal too. When I told Daddy what he said about the cardinal, his response was, "Oh, that just gives me goosebumps! I am so excited to see him out on the mat one day!" I am pretty excited for that myself.
We had fun watching Ellie perform her cheer leading routine with her friends. You can sure tell that she is in dance because she was really movin' it out there! The cardinal was there too and one little person I know thought that was very cool...there were plenty of smiles, giggles, and high-fives to go around...

Watching from the sideline
High-Five with the "wrestling bird"





No comments:
Post a Comment