Wow! Now that we've just completed an entire decade it's crazy to think about what I was doing 10 years ago.
10 years ago, I was a Freshman at St. Cloud State University living the college life. I was working the front desk at Hill-Case Hall for some extra cash and was busy looking for an apartment off campus for Sophomore year with Samantha, Erin and Elise. Needless to say, we had one thing in mind-the money. So, we settled for a cozy little apartment on 6th Avenue (aka the ghetto) and that became our home for the next 2 years. I was also busy maintaining my long-distant relationship with Nate and was starting to think about getting a summer job back home. Boy, how time changes things. This past decade has brought lots to my life and I am so thankful for all of the blessings.
Over the last 10 years, I've been blessed with a life-long college friends, a new brother-in-law, an unforgettable Spring Break Trip to Cancun, my adorable niece Ellie, an engagement to my fiance, a college degree, a house, a beautiful wedding and an amazing husband, a job in my field of study (bonus), a new brother and sister in-law, my lovely niece Lily, a healthy pregnancy and a safe delivery of my beautiful and amazing son, my precious niece Eva, my very first and very handsome little nephew Griffin, and another niece or nephew on the way...just to name a few.
When asked about my travel plans for the holidays a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I didn't have to travel far to be with family and started thinking about how lucky we are. I know we take it for granted, but we are so blessed to have our family members living so close. Gavin is able to have "stay-overs" at his Grandma and Grandpa's virtually anytime and he is also growing up with all of his cousins currently living within a 5 mile radius of us!
Along with all the good stuff comes plenty of challenges. There are times when you think you'll never overcome the obstacle that you're facing. But you do, and it makes you who you are and most of the time a better person because of it.
10 years ago, I could have never imagined how blessed I would have been 10 years later. I can't wait to say that again in 10 years. Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Aww great thoughts Jessie!! I agree it truly is nuts how fast 10 years goes. And I am pleased that the Cancun trip got a shout-out :) Love you girl!
Post a Comment