Sunday, January 17, 2010

Do Try This at Home

For about 3 years now, we have been talking about upgrading our home. If you know us, you'll know that it can take Nate and I years of serious consideration before making any major decisions. Well, that's probably an exaggeration but sometimes that's how we roll. I guess I am happy to say we've never regretted any major investment or big decision we've made thus far. So, now that the housing market is starting to turn around, we're talking a bit more serious lately.

We committed the month of January to make any necessary repairs, etc. before moving any further. This month has brought so many small joys such as:
  • A new shower head
  • A fixed drain in the bathroom sink
  • A working door knob on our bedroom door
  • A fixed closet door
  • The piece of trim in our hallway (been missing since our last re-model)
  • De-cluttered living space-YAY!
  • A primed (and soon to be painted) bathroom
The best part of all is that we were able to do everything for under $100. It's just crazy to think that we fix up our homes in preparation for others but we live with a broken drain for months! Even if we end up living here for another 5 years, I will be much happier now that my sink is functioning properly :-)

No comments: