Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Little More Than I Planned...

I told you I was interested in taking some photo editing classes because I had been thinking about buying a new camera, right?

Well, the $70 I spent on class cost me a whole lot more than that. For starters, after working in a different version of Photoshop during class, I decided that I wanted to upgrade the version on my computer at home.

And, since my computer at home is 7 years old, I knew that installing the new program on my computer would really bog things down.

So, we started talking about a new computer since we figured it was a matter of time before we had to break down and buy one anyway....and wouldn't it be nice to have a laptop?

That was that. Before I knew it, we were on our way home with it. Of course, I was sick to my stomach about spending all that money on ourselves when we weren't planning on it. A new camera was now the farthest thing from my mind.

Then, came the night before my Birthday. Nate told me that he had to run to town to pick up my gift. It was late on Sunday evening so I told him not to bother since I figured he was probably running to Target to pick up a "cop out" gift card. Don't get me wrong, I love to receive gift cards, it's just that when you share a checkbook, it just seems to defeat the purpose.

Well, off he went. When he returned, he was too excited and wanted me to open it right away. I couldn't believe my eyes! He bought me a new Cannon Rebel XSI. He had been researching cameras for the previous 2 weeks and picked it out himself. And, to think he was "copping out" with a gift card? Now, that was just plain mean!

Community Education Classes - $70
New version of Photoshop - $110
Wireless Mouse - $10
Virus Protection Package - $50
Wireless Router - $100
New Laptop-Let's not go there
A thoughtful and giving husband that is so tapped into his wife - PRICELESS

No comments: