Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kicked to the Curb

It was a trying Winter with two crazy outside puppies. You see, prior to my accident I was the primary caretaker of our cute little furbabies. Then I broke my leg and everything fell on Nate's shoulders. The dogs were the last thing on his mind so there's no doubt that they got a little neglected. Especially when they were used to being walked nearly everyday.

Then the cold Winter came and the cute little furbabies were no longer cute. They were a pain in the butt! They didn't listen to Nate at all. I'm sure they wondered what in the heck happened to me...I didn't even seem them for almost a month. I remember Nate calling me down several times to stand out in the garage and yell for them because it was 30 below and they had run off to who knows where. They would finally come back after I yelled and clapped for what felt like forever when you're freezing your tail off. Nate and I found ourselves fighting about these dogs a lot. I was attached to them because I had spent so much time with them and he had enough of them.

After Breck was born, they really got kicked to the curb. Him and I both jokingly (I know we were actually dead serious) suggested that we sell them. I think they heard us. In the past four weeks they have been the best.dogs.ever. Well, not quite but a huge improvement has been made to their obedience and behavior! We have actually found ourselves enjoying their company lately when we're just hanging out in the yard. We've also brought them to the lake several times and they just love to swim! There's a ways to go but they are still puppies...there's still some barking issues (got a nasty call from a neighbor-oops!) and some occasional trespassing onto other neighbor's yards. Oh and yesterday I caught Ralph trying to take care of his business in the garage! So.not.cool.

Here's the latest of the mischievous duo...you'd never believe it in this picture!


Bear (left) & Ralph (right)

No comments: