Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Working Mama...

Wow, I did not intend to neglect my blog for the last three weeks. It's been caaaaraaazzzy busy. I returned to work full time on June 15th and ever since, I have only powered up the old lap top two times. Luckily I can Facebook on my phone so I don't feel totally out of the social networking world and I keep up with on-line banking during my breaks at work.

Returning to work has been tough on this mama. In some ways, it was harder than last time I did it with Gavin. Now, I am leaving two happy bambinos everyday and life is way busier in the evenings with two kiddos. The days and nights are literally flying by. My days as a full time working mommy go something like this:

Wake up, shower and get dressed, change and dress Breck, nurse him, apply make-up and try to make my hair presentable (if I'm lucky), make lunch and pack bags (oh the bags that go along with all of this!), wake up Gavin, dress him and get out the door, drop kids off at daycare, work 2 hours, pump, work 3 hours, pump, work 2 hours, pump, work 2 hours, pick up kids from daycare, unpack bags, wash bottles and breast pump parts, think about what to make for supper, nurse Breckie, make supper (if we're lucky), clean up supper, baths and p.j.s for the kids, prepare for the next day, nurse Breckie, get both kids tucked into bed, and then the exhaustion sets in. I usually try to squeeze a load of laundry or other household chores in between so it doesn't pile up on the weekends as much. Luckily I have a very dear husband that helps me with all of this!

So as much as it is good to get into a regular routine, I just wish it wasn't such a busy one. I am totally living for the weekends now. I just wish I had a maid so I could enjoy them a little more.

The boys are doing well. Breck is adjusting to life at daycare and Gavin is enjoys his regular routine again. I am pretty sure my husband (and our bank account) will appreciate his wife bringing home a regular paycheck again.

Tonight Gavin told me that he wishes that we could have a daycare at our house so that he could stay at home with me everyday. These are the moments that break my heart.

And these are the faces I am missing ALL DAY LONG...





No comments: