Things change when you have little boys that are five years old and have hunting "in their blood." Gavin was absolutely fired up for his Dad this year. Nate received specific instructions to shoot a big buck and one that was bigger than Uncle Ry Ry's. The pressure was definitely on. Every time the phone rang on Saturday he would run to see if Dad got the big one.
Luckily Nate managed to shoot a small buck - a five pointer. Gavin was thrilled and said Dad shot a five pointer because he is five years old! Nate texted me a picture right away and Gavin studied it for a solid five minutes. Later that evening, we drove out to deer camp to check it out. He could have stayed in that shed all night looking at the deer. Of course he had a ton of questions. When we were leaving, Gavin pipes up and tells Nate, "Dad, that buck looked a lot bigger in the picture!" I just smiled and Nate shook his head.
So I'll admit that I too, got a little excited about it this year, thanks to Gavin. I'm sure it will increase each year since I'm the lone ranger on the land of testosterone. Love my boys!!
| Posing with Papa's 10-Pointer |
| Not sure who is more proud... |
| Papa with both of his boys |
| Daddy and his boys |
| Gavin posing with Grandpa Hjelle's gun |
No comments:
Post a Comment