"For whatever life holds for you and your family in the coming days, weave the unfailing fabric of God's Word through your heart and mind. It will hold strong, even if the rest of life unravels."
Gigi Graham Tchividjian
The quote above was found in my daily inspirational flip book that I keep on my desk at work. The date? August 24th, the day of our little accident. I thought it was worth sharing. If you get the goosebumps like I did, feel free to drop me a comment :-)
I read it again this morning as it was my first day back to work in nearly five weeks. I was welcomed back with open arms...welcome signs, lots of visitors, and a whole lot of jokes about my injury. It felt good to get back and sort through the piles of work on my desk. I am able to drive myself now which makes things a whole lot easier. I had all the windows down on my way to and from work-man did it feel good to let the wind blow through my hair! The four hours went pretty fast...the pain didn't start until the last hour and by the time the four hours hit, I was ready to get outta there!
After I got all loaded up in my car, I decided to grab some lunch on my way home. I'm not a fast food junkie but I had been craving chicken nuggets from McDonald's like nobody's business. After all, it has been nearly two months since I've had anything of the sort. When I pulled up to the window to pay, I was informed that my meal had already been paid for by the lady in front of me. "What? Who was that?" I asked. "I don't know. She told me that the last time she was at McDonald's the person in front of her paid for her meal and she wanted to return the favor." said the lady in the drive-thru. "Well bless her heart!" I responded and when I looked up she was already gone. That woman's kind act of kindness absolutley made my day. I'm thinking I will pay it forward and return the favor to the car behind me next time. Perhaps you'll join me?
No comments:
Post a Comment