Sunday, September 5, 2010

A MN Vacation

Nate and I ended up taking some off while our day-care was on vacation in August. It worked out quite nicely and forced us to getaway for a much needed weekend with our little family of 3. We stayed at a hotel and Bloomington where we enjoyed their beautiful outdoor pool. We also spent one afternoon swimming at an outdoor aquatic center, or as Gavin refers to it, "the big water park outside." The next afternoon we took the light rail to Target Field to enjoy our first outdoor baseball game. That experience was a little bitter sweet for me. You see, when I was rocking my baby boy when he was just a few weeks old, Nate made a comment about how awesome it was going to be when the outdoor stadium was finally complete...it meant that his little boy would be the perfect age to take him along. And about 3+ years later, there we were. Time sure does fly. I wouldn't call it the perfect age either. He was ready to leave at the top of the second inning! We managed to stay the majority of the game by utilizing some sugar distractions :-) We enjoyed our weekend away and now that I'm injured, I am so glad we were able to spend that time together as a family before the end of summer.

The Dino Slide

He gets this from his Dad

Shakin' what his mama gave him

Splashing with Mommy

Splashing with Daddy

Snugglin' on the light rail

Daddy & his little "mini-me"

A bit of cotton candy...

And a bit of licorice...

Cold enough for a sweatshirt in August!
Sporting his new hat
Rear view!
Target Field

No comments: