Thursday, February 24, 2011

Compared to Last Time...

It is amazing that this pregnancy is soooo different than when I was expecting Gavin. I've been going back and forth on my "guess" as to what gender our little babe will be...and have had some pretty crazy dreams that confirm that I'm still not sure about my gut feeling. I LOVE to hear what everyone else's prediction is so I decided to open up a poll for ten days. Please cast your vote now! Voting will close on Monday, March 7th at 12:00 p.m.

Need some help? Here are some of my noteable simularities and differences:
  • I was pregnant with Gav five years ago. That means that this body is five whole years older than the last time around.
  • This time I've had the whole "broken leg thing" going on...
  • I was expecting Gavin in September and this baby is due in April...big difference experiecing a Winter pregancy versus a Summer one. I don't miss the heat!!
  • I gained a ton of weight with little G-man...upwards around the 50 pound mark. Granted most of it was water retention but I was seriously a moose! This time around, I've kept things under control. At my 20 week check-up I was only up six pounds. Since then I was up a a few more and then down a couple more leaving me around the 12 pound range at week 31. I still feel like a moose, but a lot healthier one this time.
  • I craved Dr. Pepper, prime rib sandwiches, and DQ blizzrds with Gavin (which probably explains some of the weight gain). This time around, I haven't had much of an appetite. Minimal cravings but I still really enjoy a Dr. Pepper once in a while. Oh, and I guess I did buy a few boxes of pizza rolls (something I would not typically purchase) at the grocery store because they sounded so yummy.
  • My physical symptoms have been a bit different. I had lots of body hair growth and didn't lose a strand of hair from my head when I was expecting Gavin. This time, I suffered from lots of neck acne and was still shedding a substancial amount of hair from my head up until about a month or two ago.
  • I am totally carrying this baby different. Nate says I am "all baby" this time around. With Gavin, I think every part of my body expanded.
  • I am a swelling machine when preggo. I retained a ton of water with G-man and minus the broken leg, it is under a lot more control this time around.
  • My body doesn't appreciate the additional blood when pregnant and my blood pressure is already on the rise which is no real difference between the pregnancies.
Please cast your vote! I'll post the official results after the poll closes.

2 comments:

kala hjelle said...

I REALLY REALLY want you to have a little girly. But since I'm competetive and want to win, I have to vote boy, just because I think it is another little man. Which, okay, would be absolutely fabulous as well :)

suchy said...

ooh this is tough for me. I was right on with Gavin without a question. This time I am going with girl!