I have been taking an unintended break from bloggy world...I apologize.
January turned into a crazy busy and eventful month for our family. I've barely turned on the computer, which has actually been nice. We celebrated lots of Birthdays-Ellie's on the 1st, mine on the 4th (yes, the big 3-0) and Lily's on the 11th. Oh, and a Fancy Nancy party for Kennedy's 5th Birthday! We also celebrated Miss Josie's 1/2 Birthday - she's six months old already! We attended a New Year's Day party, a belated Christmas party with friends, and three hockey games...add that to all the doctor and physical therapy appointments, work, pre-school, and ECFE classes and you've got yourself one hectic month.
I got a really good night's sleep last night...the first time in two months! Our home projects are finally making some headway so my mind had a lot less to process last night! The painter will finish up this week and we can move forward with the rest of the details and hopefully have it all wrapped up by the end of the month. I can't wait to have it all done and start preparing for this little babe to arrive (which feels like it's creeping up on us super fast!)
I officially hit the 28 week mark on Monday and Nate and I were able to take another peek at baby. We had a follow-up ultrasound to check on the dilation and fluid levels of baby's kidneys, which were a little high at 20 weeks. Fortunately, one of the kidneys is now within the normal limits and the other just slightly above. They will be re-checked at 32 weeks to be sure that it hasn't gotten worse and hopefully the other one will be within normal limits as well. We also talked about and confirmed a tentative delivery date. As much as it will be nice to know that I won't be overdue this time around, delivering early makes me anxious. Because of the fibroid surgery, the doctors do not want me to labor on my scar...at all. This means that the plan is to deliver at 37 weeks following an amino to ensure the baby's lungs are developed. If not, I will receive shots of steroids and deliver the following week regardless. So we have only 9 weeks before he or she will be here to join our family...holy cow!
My last post was about Gavin's new space shuttle...Guess what popped? Well this Mom is a sucker so she bought a replacement....a lovely new tent!
Here's a picture of our little monkey at the Blizzard Hockey game for Mommy's work...his love for hockey is starting to make Daddy a little nervous. I think it's time to hit up a wrestling tournament!
1 comment:
OH Jessie! You guys are SO close to meeting your precious bundle!! I didn't realize you had those things going on right now (with the kidneys). Sounds like things are improving and I am praying for you guys!! Hey, it's nice being done at 37 weeks. Emersyn was 37 weeks + 3 days and she was induced. She was perfect and healthy and came out a'screaming. Thinking of you!
Post a Comment