Monday, February 21, 2011

Our Last Get-Away as a Family of Three

Gavin never refers to our family as just three people. He is always sure to include his little fish, Frankie (yes, #2 is still alive) and his mischievous puppies, Ralph and Bear. And, ever since we told him that we were expecting a baby, he has never left him/her out. He actually counts the baby as a fourth person at the dinner table and often reminds me that I will be the only girl of the family if our baby is a boy. He ignores the fact that Frankie is a female betta fish. Even when we were making plans to attend our weekend away, he was so excited that "all four of us" were going!

Anyway, a couple of weekends ago, we had the opportunity to attend a Winter Family Camp at Mount Carmel. And, we got to go for half the cost; my company sponsored employees to go and covered half of the fee! I was really excited that we'd be able to go and enjoy one last getaway as a family of three. We had a lovely time. We met new friends, attended Bible studies, made s'mores in the fireplace, sipped on hot chocolate, played in the snow, worked on crafts, built our own family pizza, listened to some great music, attended a Sunday Morning Worship Service, and enjoyed lots of good food and fellowship. It was definitely a weekend we will remember and I have a feeling we'll go back very soon. It was so nice to get a break from everything and focus on our family without any interupptions even when we were less than 15 miles from home! Since I was unable to do many of the outdoor activities, I enjoyed some quiet time and even snuck in a nap while the boys were busy sledding. I posted some pictures for you all to enjoy! 

Outdoor Fun with Daddy
Craft Time with Mommy
Sled Bound

Snow Art

Ping Pong Tournament

Hot Chocolate by the Fireplace

Coloring

Gavin and Deb

Our Family of Three (or Four)


Posing for Mom


No comments: