Sunday, March 21, 2010

Milestones

Our weekend was filled with rewarding milestones...

Pre-Gavin days, Nate and I, were Netflix subscribers and often enjoyed a movie together at least once a week. Now-a-days, we are lucky to fit in one movie per quarter. We still have DVD's in plastic wrapping that we received for Christmas a couple of years ago! It's just not a reality for us to have a lot of alone time, and when we do, there are plenty of other things that keep us occupied. A couple of months ago, Nate mentioned that he thought it would be fun if the three of us could snuggle up together and watch a movie. Our Friday nights are pretty laid back and after a busy week, I decided to take Gavin to Wal-mart to pick up a few groceries and a movie. The three of us snuggled up on the loveseat with blankets and pillows and the lights turned out and watched the Chipmunks. We had so much fun that we did the same thing on Saturday night! I think we will be able to catch up on all of our Disney movies, anyway!

In preparation for pre-school next year (yes, he's registered and believe it or not, I haven't shed a tear-YET) we have been trying to encourage G-man to use the potty without any assistance. Well, he mastered it this weekend, hand-washing and all. He has also been working on putting on his own clothes-which means that he's been picking out his own outfits as well. I have a hard time with that as I'm pretty particular about what my little man is wearing but I am learning to go with the flow!

We had a great weekend and couldn't be more proud!

No comments: