Monday, March 1, 2010

Fishing Fun for the Whole Fam

Last weekend, the whole family packed up the fish houses, gear, and bait and headed out to Smith Lake for some serious Minnesota ice fishing. Once again, Uncle Robbie helped coordinate this year's event which brought 300 people out to support the Relay for Life. 36 of them were kids! Totally awesome!

Daddy, Uncle Robbie, and Papa all hauled their fish houses out on Friday night so they could "claim" their spot. They were all lined up in a row which made it pretty convenient for the kids to "make the rounds" during the 3 hour event. Great Grandma even joined in on the fun and probably had the best luck of all of us :-)

I have never really been into fishing but I have never really had the patience to sit there and try to catch a fish either. Well, my patience paid off and I finally caught one. It was little and didn't win me a prize, but it was exciting to have something to reel in for once!

All the kids received a fishing pole and some coupons for free ice cream cones at McDonald's. Gavin was also the winner of one of the raffle prizes and won 4 swimming passes at a local hotel so he was pretty excited about that. I thought I would let you in on the fun with a few pics...

Lucky Grandma
Showing how big mommy's fish was
Crazy Cousins
Posin' with the fishy
The Minnow Man
Lily's catch!
Uncle Robbie
Mayson, G, and Elle Belle
All the kiddos

No comments: