Friday, October 29, 2010

Four Letter Words...and Whiskey

Gavin has been trying to squeeze some rides in on his new gator before the weather starts to change for good. When we got home last night it was really cold but I let him cruise around the yard while I sat in the garage waiting for him. He was busy picking up sticks and putting them in the back end. He ended up leaving it in the middle of the yard when I called him in so I could go get supper started.

As I was tucking him in bed last night, he gasps, "oh S**t! I forgot to park my gator in the garage!" Shocked by the words I thought I just heard come out of his mouth, I replied, "What? What did you say?" only for him to repeat what I knew he had said. I tried not to laugh and told him that Daddy had already parked it in the garage for him. Then I went onto explain that those aren't nice words to say, even if he hears grown ups using them, etc., etc., etc. I am still amazed that came out of his mouth and didn't think I would have such a hard time to keep from laughing when it did!



Gavin can catch the tune of a song after hearing it one time, it's amazing! He also has a hard time getting a song out of his head. Lately he's been going around singing, "Rain is a Good Thing" by Luke Bryan and sometimes he forgets half of the song and just belts out "Whiskey makes my baby feel a little frisky!" Not my proudest moment as a mother but hey, we allow him to listen to the radio...

The other day he pulled a can of corn from the Lazy Susan. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me that he wanted to make some whiskey. I had to laugh, after all rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey...

2 comments:

kala hjelle said...

Lily GASPED when I told her this. Had the biggest smile on her face ever. Oh Gabbo... you are growing up! Knock it off, will ya?
Love Auntie Lala

Amber said...

LOL!!!!!!!! Oh, that is hilarious!! All of it. The 4-letter words AND the whiskey. It's crazy the things kids pick up on! The other day I was very impatient as I drove through McD's to get a decaf latte. I was going to be late for class if the lady in front of me could have stalled her car any longer through the drive through. I said something about "this car needs to move, like now".

A few days later, we were back through the drivethrough and there were 2 cars in front of us. Emersyn screams from the back seat..."These cars need to MOOB! (move) right now!"

Yikes!