"And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him." - 1 John 5:14
Sometimes we pray and pray for something for so long that we don't know how to react or what to say when that something actually happens. You may feel surprised, completely shocked, overcome with disbelief, overwhelmed with thankfulness, or just plain giddy...and sometimes when you've been down the road we've been, you might feel a little bit like this.
Nate and I were feeling ALL of these very things when we learned that we are FINALLY pregnant! The tears were flowing...and then came the perma-grins! Yes, we are expecting a little lump of love next Spring! Can you believe it? After 2+ years of trying to make this happen, the Lord has answered our prayers!
| ~Couldn't believe our eyes~ |
| Two. Just to be sure :-) |
G-man's reaction was priceless. I showed him the picture of the ultrasound. I asked him if he knew what it was and explained that it was a picture of Mommy's tummy with a little baby inside. He just smiled from ear to ear. Later he told me that he thought the picture was of a little seal and told Daddy, "Good job for planting that seed in Mommy's tummy." He's already been smoochin' on my tummy and talking to his little brother or sister. I'm so excited for my little guy to be a big brother.
Oh, and in case you are wondering we found out 5 days before I landed myself in the hospital with a broken leg. The pregnancy was confirmed by the ER lab and lots of precautions were taken to protect our little one. So far things are checking out okay.
Hope is not a granted wish or favor performed; no, it is far greater than that. It is a zany, unpredictable dependence on a God who loves to surprise us out of our socks.
-Max Lucado
1 comment:
OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!!!! Jessie I am so happy for you guys! SO HAPPY!! I was just thinking about you the other week as I finished my first round of Clomid. I'm in your boat. Thanks for sharing your great news adn giving me renewed hope!
Love you girl!
Post a Comment